Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Cytation™ 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader combines automated digital widefield microscopy with conventional multi-mode microplate reading in a unique, patented design. The imaging components and multi-mode optical modules are independent and physically separate within the instrument, ensuring optimized performance without compromise! With Cytation 5, you can capture rich phenotypic cellular information and well-based quantitative data in a single experiment. Cytation 5, along with Gen5 software, automates the workflow from image capture, processing, and analysis to create publication-ready images and data. Augmented Microscopy™ is the combination of all of these features in one compact system.
- Digital microscopy and multi-mode detection
- CO2/O2 control, incubation and shaking for live cell assays
- Label-free cell counting for cell proliferation studies
- BioSpa 8 Automated Incubator compatibility – for complete automation of live cell imaging workflows
- Patented Hybrid optics: sensitivity of filters, flexibility of monochromator
- Variable bandwidth monochromators optimize fluorophore detection
- 100 mW Alpha Laser: Speed and performance-based excitation for Alpha assays
- Peltier Cooling Module maintains environmental stability for uncompromised assay integrity
- Modular design: purchase one or more modules, update as assay requirements change
- Gen5 Software for Imaging & Microscopy and for Multi-Mode Detection: Complete instrument control, data and image analysis and flexible output and reporting capability
Cytation 5 and BioSpa 8 Automated Incubator: Automated Live Cell Imaging
Cytation 5, integrated to BioSpa 8 Automated Incubator fully automates kinetic live cell imaging and analysis. Plate washing and reagent dispensing can be added to the system for complete walk-away automation, from sample prep through image analysis.
Benefits of the Cytation 5 & BioSpa 8 system for automated live cell imaging:
- Full unattended workflow automation for up to 8 microplates and other labware
- Integrated temperature and CO2/O2 control, plus humidity monitoring
- Fluorescence, high contrast brightfield, color brightfield and phase contrast imaging
- OnDemand mode: Remove/replace labware, independent scheduling and multi-user profiles
- Advanced cell-level analysis including nuclear and cytoplasmic masks
- Washing, media replacement and reagent injection
Seahorse XF Imaging and Normalization System
Cytation 5 is a key component of Agilent Technologies’ Seahorse XF Imaging and Normalization System. XFe Analyzers simultaneously measure the two major cellular energy-producing pathways, mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis, in live cells and in real time. The integrated solution with Cytation 5 combines cellular analysis and imaging for an intuitive workflow to streamline XF data interpretation.
- Cell migration and invasion assays
- Live cell imaging
- Multi-mode reader applications
- Phenotypic assays
These are just a few examples of the many important applications for Cytation 5. Visit our Applications page to see more.